Loading some great jobs for you...
The Director, Performance Mgmt - Technology (IT) Sourcing will lead the strategic sourcing / supplier management activities for critical software vendors such as: IBM, SAP (including acquisitions), Pivotal, Tanium and will be the primary point of contact for all security related software. The key objectives of this role are twofold:
Key Performance Areas:
1. Strategic Sourcing / Internal Stakeholder Management: this role will be primarily responsible for building strong relationships with Company s Technology group, capturing tangible, incremental savings, and improving operating efficiencies. The Senior Sourcing Manager must deliver savings utilizing a combination of approaches including, spend aggregation, demand/specification management, effective contract negotiation based on industry benchmarks, and supplier performance management.
2. Working with stakeholders in the CIO/CTO groups to define Company s current technology, and technology related business requirements Keeping abreast of current trends to determine the key players in the market, perception of current Company suppliers, industry trends, innovations, supplier segmentation (global, regional, local), product differentiation, etc. Determining the drivers that influence spend and subsequent savings within IT related product and service categories via competitive analysis / industry benchmarking.
3. Creating optimal strategic sourcing strategies based on rigorous empirical analysis, and ensure that strategies are validated by stakeholders and are in compliance with corporate governance standards
4. Selecting and negotiating with major vendors based on procurement strategy and total cost of ownership analysis
5. Establishing and maintaining contractual and business relationships including SLAs, efficiency improvements, and maintenance cost
management, and communicating such to internal stakeholder groups
6. Driving continuous annual savings: working with key stakeholders to develop and ensure implementation of continuous saving ideas that will reduce Company s total cost of ownership.
7. Utilize procurement technologies and systems to further productivity
8. Monitoring savings and defining budgetary impact. Working with stakeholders (including finance) to track achieved global savings and developing methods to translate sourcing savings into budget reductions.
9. Supporting legal in finalizing and executing contracts, by: requiring performance of cost/value analysis of vendor s products and services; structuring requirements and requesting data from existing and perspective suppliers for evaluation; reviewing proposals and developing communication materials to communicate comparative results to cross-functional sourcing team.
10. Cross-Functional Leadership: Effectively managing multiple ongoing projects simultaneously. Fostering and maintaining strong, trusting, consultative relationships with the CIO/CTO groups, other IT related business areas, and with the executive leadership team in general
11. Communication: Determining the requirements of the client base and suggesting available alternatives in the market place
12. Establishing and communicating IT Sourcing policies, procedures, and guidelines to the sourcing team and to the organization at large and ensuring compliance with corporate governance model
A seasoned IT strategic sourcing professional, who is self-directed, highly motivated, technically astute and understands the key players and different approaches within the technology and IT sector. The individual must possess:
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at . Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: . These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...