Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Looking to work at a firm that encourages a work life balance and a path to Partnership?
WithumSmith+Brown, P.C., is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today's modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
Withum's Tax Services Group is made up of a brilliant team of tax specialists that work to ensure tax reporting obligations are met in an accurate and timely manner and minimize or defer the payment of taxes. Their comprehensive understanding of international, US federal, state, and local regulations, counting our affiliation with HLB international, allows them to help develop economical tax strategies anywhere. Their services include Business, Individual, State & Local tax, R&D Tax Credit, as well as International and Private Client services
As a Tax Manager in our New York, NY office, you'll work alongside an integrated team of seasoned, well-known CPAs and industry leaders. In this position, you will take a lead role on all aspects of tax engagements, supervise/mentor staff, and build/maintain relationships with clients.
Withum's brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You'll Spend Your Time
* Review individual, trust, partnership and corporate tax returns prepares by tax staff and/or seniors for accuracy;
* Research and draft memorandum involving complex tax matters;
* Identify and implement tax planning opportunities;
* Handle and resolve tax controversies;
* Oversee complete tax research projects for a variety of clients and diverse industries;
* Manage multiple engagements concurrently with various teams to efficiently meet client deadlines
* Conduct constructive discussions with team members on their evaluations and providing counsel accordingly
* Serve in professional development programs as an instructor or discussion leader
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting and have a CPA license;
* Having a Masters of Science in Taxation is a plus;
* 5-7 years of prior experience working in the tax department of a public accounting, with experience leading multiple engagements and supervising staff;
* Excellent analytical and technical tax skills;
* Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships;
* Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing projects in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment;
* Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to represent the Firm well to client's management; and
* Excellent analytical, organizational, project management skills, and strong attention to detail.
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Loading some great jobs for you...