The school nurse is a health services specialist who assists pupils in attaining and /or maintaining optimum health and promotes good health habits and attitudes.
- Review immunization records for school age children
- Assist with Medical/Dental Screenings
- Prepare and file state reports as required by law
- Conduct audiometric screenings
- Conduct scoliosis screenings
- Conduct vision screenings
- Conduct Height and Weight Screenings
- Provide other optional screenings as needed, ex. Blood Pressure, Lice
- Maintain student health records
- Administer medication and/or treatment when necessary for pupils to attend school
- Provide first aid and emergency care to all school age children
- Provide the following services as promulgated by individual State Law/Regulation:
- Notify parent/guardian if a screening defect is found upon screening and recommend appropriate follow-up
- Observe and recommend to principal, exclusion of students who show evidence of communicable diseases and/or whose immunization records are not received from parent/guardian after numerous attempts.
- Submit monthly report of health services and screenings performed to Catapult Learning Regional Director
- Other duties may be assigned
Requirements for hire include a valid RN license, as required by contract. Pediatric experience is desirable, but not necessary. RN license and a Basic Life Support CPR - Professional Rescuer or Healthcare Provider card, as required by contract.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, hospice, infusion, intensive care, mhb, psychiatric, recovery, staff nurse, transitional
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...