Compensation: $98,470.00 - $53,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Law Enforcement
Loading some great jobs for you...
Reporting to the Director of IT Security & Mobility, the IT SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR is responsible for performing daily monitoring of the IT infrastructure; implementing, maintaining and auditing essential security controls and systems, maintaining and testing the redundancy of the corporate WAN and participating in the evaluation and implementation of new IT products and solutions.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Follow manager's direction with respect to projects, priorities and methodologies.
- Perform routine security monitoring tasks and in depth investigations of potential events or defects discovered.
- Lead security event and incident response.
- Maintain, monitor and test the primary and backup equipment and circuits for the corporate WAN.
- Document system design and configuration.
- Gather baselines of normal operational activity.
- Ensure that Windows, Linux, Cisco and other systems are configured with appropriate security settings
- Perform regular internal audits of servers, pcs, other devices and outside services to ensure that they meet security guidelines.
- Participate in vulnerability detection and assessment exercises.
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of IT related products and services.
- Act as a subject matter expert on SEIM, SSO, Firewalls, Log Analysis, Monitoring and other security related areas
- Participate in the development and delivery of security related training materials for peers and the general end user population.
- On-call access. Be available by phone to support issues as they occur on nights and weekends.
- Ability to travel to/from remote sites as needed.
- Submit weekly status reports showing any problems and how time was spent.
- Attend staff meetings to share ideas and status of projects with department.
- Prepare and keep current program problem sheets to be used by department.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Either (1) Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field and 3 years related IT Security experience OR (2) 5+ years related IT Security experience.
- At least 1 security related certification such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, etc.
- Hands-on experience managing, configuring, securing and monitoring Windows, Linux, Cisco, VMWare and cloud services.
- Hands-on experience with security technologies such as RSA, firewalls, proxies, network and host-based intrusion prevention, DLP, vulnerability assessment tools, security information/event management, endpoint security, anti-virus/anti-malware, etc.
- Experience with confidential files, documents and other information.
- Experience performing monitoring and security intelligence research and creating reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Experience working with large datasets and performing anomaly detection.
Multiple security related certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, etc.
Technology related certifications such as MCSE, CCNA, VMWare, etc.
Scripting experience in Perl, Powershell or some other scripting language
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
The following key competencies represent qualities, traits and behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list is not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are also desired.
- The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and/or experiencing rapidly changing or uncertain conditions, and to maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
- Approaching a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Ensuring that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
- The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside of the organization who can provide information, assistance and support.
- Ability to perform with insight, acuteness, and intelligence in the areas of commerce and/or industry. Make decisions and act in situations in which there is not enough information to be certain of outcome or implications of the decision.
- Finding effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract or theoretical perspective.
- Demonstrated concern for satisfying one's external and/or internal customers.
- Willingness to make difficult decisions in a timely manner.
- Willingness to delegate responsibility and to work with others and coach them to develop their capabilities.
- Identifying the information needed to clarify a situation, seeking that information from appropriate sources, and using skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it.
- Conveying confidence in employees' ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks; delegating significant responsibility and authority; allowing employees freedom to decide how they will accomplish their goals and resolve issues.
- Enforces laws, rules, and regulations and initiates enforcement actions in a way that the public perceives as fair, objective, and reasonable.
- A tendency to look for and seize profitable business opportunities; willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
- The ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Associated topics: alarm, canine detection, countermeasure, patrol, patrol officer, public safety, public safety officer, safety report, unarmed, university
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...