Technical Agile Project Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Experis' Client is currently seeking a Technical Agile Project Manager for a long-term contract assignment downtown Manhattan.
The Technical Agile Project Manager (TAPM) will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the IT system development process and teams with a focus on driving quality of code, Acceptance Criteria, Unit Testing, and all processes, checkpoints, and sign-offs having to do with the programming activities of the design/development/test teams. This key role is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering an enterprise-level agile program that provides exceptional business value to users and members.
The ideal candidate will be results driven, managing multiple teams while utilizing multi-platform technologies, third party vendors and testing vendors. He/she will drive the programs application development efforts to completion, and motivate teams to meet goals. The successful candidate will oversee the technical program for pension processing, financial transaction and similar enterprise solution technology systems.
At an enterprise level, the TAPM will be responsible for overseeing multiple concurrent scrum teams in a Scaled Agile environment to develop an application in a fast-paced environment. At a team level, the TAPM plays a supervisory role to ensure compliance with the defined development processes and standards, and a coaching role to members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project teams, and the quality of the product that they produce. In a hybrid Agile environment, the TAPM will use good judgment and skill to develop a project oversight approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints. In performing this role, the TAPM will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit a large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level program and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
Working closely with the Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts, Scrum Masters and Release Train Engineers (RTEs), the TAPM will facilitate and guide the teams through agile practices and ceremonies, including backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, sprint demos, and retrospectives with a focus on producing high-quality, bug-free code that meets the needs of the business and member community.
The TAPM will keep the Program Manager apprised on a weekly basis of the activities, roadblocks, and progress of each team. One of the main goals of the TAPM is to provide a no surprises environment for the Program Manager, the user community, and executive management.
Education and Certifications:
Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a Technical field such as Computer Science or Management Information Systems
ANY of the following certifications: PMP certification, Certified SAFe Agilist, and/or Certified Scrum Master
1. A proven track record of successfully implementing high-quality software development projects using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of specific experience as a Project Manager managing enterprise-level, complex projects with multi-function teams. (Must)
2. 2+ years as a Scrum Master in software development project, managing teams in a Scrum, SAFe or similar methodology, with the ability to advise on industry best practices (Must)
3. Experience overseeing multi-function project scrum teams including Developers, Testers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts, and QA Personnel (Preferred)
4. Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of Agile, SAFe, Kanban, and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment (Must)
5. Balanced business/technical background:
Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues (Preferred)
3+ years in a hands-on software application development or technical testing role (Preferred)
Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with users and develop solutions of high quality and business value (Preferred)
Extensive experience managing Government, Pension or Financial Institution industry projects/industry knowledge a plus (Preferred)
6. Strong interpersonal skills including leading, mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building (Must)
7. Solid experience working with Architecture teams to assess and size story/epics (Preferred)
8. Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands(Preferred)
9. Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence (Preferred)
10. Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
Microsoft Project, Visio, SharePoint, and all Office Tools (Must)
Microsoft Team Foundation Server (Preferred)
11. Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level (Must)
12. Experience with user story grooming, developing acceptance criteria, and test cases (Must)
13. Deep understanding of agile metrics (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity,
user stories etc.) to analyze and improve sprint planning (Must)
14. Thrives in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment (Preferred)
15. Deep understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development (Must)
16. Experience with project and task estimation techniques (Must)
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...