Director of Real Estate, Development (East Coast)
Compensation: $159,726.67 - $201,950.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Real Estate
Loading some great jobs for you...
About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium coworking solution and flexible workspace provider in the U.S, with 50+ locations in 33 cities across the country. We partner with companies big and small to create productivity-driven workplace experiences that complement beautiful spaces with world-class hospitality. We are committed to the vision that everyone deserves to experience the pride and meaning that you get out of a great day at work. With $142 million in funding to-date, we are well-positioned to continue our rapid growth in the US and beyond.
As we enter our next phase of growth, our experienced leadership team is looking for hard-working people at all levels who are ready to join a warm, collaborative, and positive team dedicated to reclaiming the workplace experience. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
We kindly request that you do not call Industrious locations for employment inquiries.
About the Role
As the Director of Real Estate you will help shape and execute Industrious' global location growth strategy. You will be directly responsible for building your team's pipeline of landlord partnerships across a range of deal structures, while owning some of the company's most complex transactions.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high performing team in the early stages of its expansion, in a highly entrepreneurial, high-visibility role with significant growth potential. The successful candidate has considerable business development and transactional experience, commercial real estate knowledge, managerial experience, and a strong work ethic.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Real Estate and be based in New York City.
* Develop, refine and communicate clear growth strategies and plans for your target markets and/or national landlord partners
* Build and develop relationships with landlords, brokers, and other decision-makers to effectively communicate our value proposition and source transactions
* Oversee your team's pipeline to maintain viable opportunities at the top, middle and bottom of the funnel to achieve designated goals; analyze performance to identify opportunities and gaps
* Hire, train and manage a team of 2-5 people initially, while cultivating a supportive and ambitious team environment
* Negotiate and execute complex transactions to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns and thoughtful solutions to Industrious and our landlord partners
* Collaborate cross functionally to advance site selection, design and construction planning, Investment Committee approval, negotiation, and internal deal onboarding
* Drive strategic cross-functional initiatives and develop tools / processes that support the company and scale growth
* 5-8 years of related professional experience, with 1-2 years of experience in a business development role and 3-5 years of experience in commercial real estate (asset management, acquisitions, or development)
* Strong financial modeling, underwriting and other analytical skills
* Proven track record of building successful relationships with landlords, developers and brokers in a transactional capacity
* High emotional intelligence with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Excellent judgment, project management, and problem-solving skills
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
* Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
* Health care, including vision and dental
* 401K plan
* Smart casual dress code
* Generous vacation time
* Paid parental leave
* Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
* Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
* Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
* There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
* Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio
Industrious is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees and applicants without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Associated topics: b2b, bi, client, franchise, franchise owner, inside sales, intelligence, sales, strategy, territory sales
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...