- James New York - Nomad
- $197,780.00 -197,780.00/year*
201 E 33rd St
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieves personal Transient and Group revenue goals set for The James Nomad.
- Focuses on Group, Local Negotiated, Entertainment, and Diplomatic business for The James Nomad.
- Creates and executes strategic quarterly action plans and updates for assigned territory and key accounts.
- Establishes, cultivates and nurtures effective relationships with assigned accounts.
- Penetrates existing accounts and uncovers new potential business via strategic prospecting.
- Targets Hit List accounts for new business, creates and execute action plan to pursue Hit List accounts, and communicates updates and next steps to Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Establishes relationships with local neighborhood businesses/organizations to achieve revenue goals.?
- Organize and execute local area blitzes, as needed.
- Conducts property site inspections, client presentations, and entertains.
- Plans, executes, and travels on sales trips as needed based on hotel business plan and directive of Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Plans, executes, and hosts budgeted client receptions and FAM trips based on hotel business plan and directive of Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Attends appropriate and budgeted and approved sales events and trade shows as needed based on hotel business plan and directive of Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Incorporates marketing opportunities into sales activities when applicable, utilizing all materials created in variety of industries (corporate, retail, financial, entertainment, incentive, etc.).
????????? Develop active communications and close rapport with Convention & Visitors Bureau, National Sales Offices, Planners Associations, DMCs, and other sources of sales information and support.
- Utilizes all available tools to gain leads; i.e. Hotelligence, Hoovers, Jigsaw, Delphi, Cvent, HIS Reader Boards, etc.
- Reviews daily arrivals to highlight Special Attention and VIP guests; identifies potential new accounts.
- Communicates any product or service issues to Director of Sales and Marketing for immediate action with GM.
- Actively sets seasonal promotions for targeted accounts. ?
- Partners with National Sales to maximize hotel revenue from key accounts.
- Presents to key agencies that influence and book travel for assigned accounts.
- Uncovers Catering business.
- Assists with annual hotel business plan as well as property sales budget.
- Completes assigned weekly and monthly reports and enforces all Denihan required Standard Operating Procedures.
- Completes all required reports and utilizes PULSE, Hotelligence, and Delphi.
- Develops effective relationships with and delegates all service related tasks to Key Accounts, Front Desk, Guest Relations, and/or relevant department leaders and holds them accountable.
- Works with operation on process improvements to remove barriers to sell and service execution.
- Creates SOPs to ensure efficient and exceptional sales process and service delivery.
- Communicates effectively with all stakeholders to achieve results.
- Performs any other related duties as requested by Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Works with Director of Sales and Marketing to train, mentor, and motivate Sales Manager and Executive Meetings Manager to realize his/her potential and develop individuals for advancement.
????????? Assure understanding of position descriptions, goals and standards of performance for Sales Manager and Executive Meetings Manager; works with Director of Sales and Marketing to conduct formal annual evaluations and provide ongoing coaching and counseling.
????????? Execute one-on-one counseling to all appropriate sales personnel on selling techniques and closing skills.
- Conduct/attend daily business review meetings, weekly RevMax meetings, management meetings and other meetings required/requested.
- Work with Director of Sales and Marketing to develop group rates, group ceilings and deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and selling skills.
- Well-organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, high levels of energy, enthusiasm and motivation through actions.
- Ability to manage group and/or interpersonal conflict situations effectively.
- Ability to work independently (time-management and organization skills).
- Exceptional, dynamic and memorable public speaking skills.
- Innovative and change-driven with a high sense of urgency.
- Strive to improve self, others and overall practices and procedures.
- Strong, positive and energized professional presence.
- Thorough understanding of sales and reservation process for rooms and catering.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Takes total responsibility for actions.
- Thorough knowledge of Delphi and Synxis; basic knowledge of Epitome; working knowledge of Hoovers, Hotelligence, and HIS Reader Board tools.
- Strong computer skills are a must to include: PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- This position generally works Monday to Friday and the ability to work on occasional evenings and weekends is essential.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent business experience.
- Results oriented with an emphasis on both individual and team accountability.
- Minimum 5 years of Transient /Group Sales experience.
- Delphi / Synxis Knowledge a plus.
Associated topics: administrative, director of sales, leader, management, principal, regional sales manager, sales director, shift lead, team lead, team leader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...