Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com POSITION SUMMARY:
Nuveen Advisory Services (NAS) is the client-facing division of Nuveen that houses professionals who develop, market and sell investment strategies and solutions to clients. We are currently seeking an entrepreneurial individual to join the NAS Business Management Team supporting the US distribution teams across our US Wealth and US Institutional businesses. The NAS Business Man agement team is the execution arm supporting our distribution channels.
In this role you will partner closely with the Head of US Advisory Services, leaders in US Institutional Advisory Services, Global Consultant Relations, and more broadly across Nuveen to solve complex problems and implementation issues critical to Nuveen's success. You will be part of a team that drives business planning and business management activities, ensuring alignment with business strategy. Additionally, you will be responsible for special projects spanning US Wealth and Institutional distribution, working closely with the Head of US Advisory Services to drive key business and corporate priorities.
The position represents an excellent opportunity to:
- Be exposed to and influence the agendas of senior management
- Develop expertise in a variety of functions and businesses
- Gain exposure to other roles and lines of business in the company
- Be mentored and coached by experienced managers on problem solving, analytical, communications and leadership skills
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: Major Responsibilities:
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and required information for the Head of US Advisory Services, which may include drafting presentations and/or talking points, assembling metrics/data, performing research and analysis, etc.
The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive:
You will participate in business planning and execution of business management activities across US Institutional Distribution and Global Consultant Relations ensuring alignment with business strategy:
- Assist senior leaders in creation and execution of a multi-year business area strategy and business plan to ensure US Institutional Advisory Services is delivering profitable growth
- Drive management processes to facilitate and monitor business performance vs targets and course correct, as needed, by analyzing data and developing/monitoring key metrics:
- Establish and manage operating cadences to support execution of business priorities and ensure focus on high-priority initiatives
- Perform competitor/industry research with both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Structure and deliver analyses of internal operational and financial data
- Identify implications of analysis and recommend change initiatives
- Communicate business results and status of operating priorities to executive leadership teams
- Support development of financial plans and budgets and track performance against business objectives
- Execute critical change initiatives and projects that enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop and oversee decision framework, including use of data and analytics, to support resource allocation and prioritization decisions
- Oversee procedures to ensure compliance and risk policies are properly implemented and current
- You will also work closely with the Head of US Advisory Services on special projects to drive key business and corporate priorities spanning US Advisory Services (US Wealth and US Institutional distribution)
QUALIFICATIONS: Required Skills and Experience:
- Be a thought partner to the Head of US Advisory Services on new business ideas and innovation to help frame issues, structure analyses and validate/refine potential opportunities
- Drive execution of special projects that sit out of day-to-day business operations
Minimum 7 years of strategy consulting, business management or operational experience within a financial services corporation or a management consulting firm Desired Skills and Experience:
MBA preferred, but not required
Excellent end-to-end generalist problem solving skills and ability to identify issues and analyses
Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, maturity and judgment - ability to navigate independently up and down the organization and achieve goals without direct control over resources
Outstanding ability to apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), and work well in cross-functional teams
Ability to multi-task and manage several items simultaneously in a timely and organized manner, with keen attention to detail and confidentiality
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint Desired Skills:
Loading some great jobs for you...