Administrative Assistant (1062161_RR00035240)
Compensation: $69,020.00 - $105,470.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Administrative Assistant.
The Department of Psychiatry is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to assist the Chair and Vice Chair for Research with a variety of administrative support duties. S/he will also provide general administrative support to the Administration Office in the Department of Psychiatry as needed.
* Provide specialized administrative support to the Department Chair and Vice Chair for Research including but not limited to answering phones, scheduling and maintaining appointment calendar including travel arrangements, conferences, seminars, teaching activities as well as preparing correspondence and announcements.
* Initiate and coordinate resolution of problems with appropriate parties and departments, settles phone inquires.
* Collect data from varied sources to prepare summaries, create reports and presentations for meetings.
* Prepare reimbursement forms and verifies Purchasing card transactions and other expenses for Vice Chair and Chair as needed. Track and keep receipts for reimbursements.
* Manage patient appointments and files. Track CME credits for Vice Chair of Research.
* Schedule recruitment visits including travel accommodations and itineraries, as well as reimbursement of related expenses.
* Organize Department events including annual Holiday Party, APA Reception and other events as needed.
* Sort and distribute mail and faxes, deliver items to Deans Office and other areas of the Medical Center, update phone list for One Park Avenue, schedule conference rooms and post schedule daily.
* Maintain pantry/copy room, ensure office supplies and copy paper are adequately stocked, call for repairs of copier and fax as needed.
* Liaise with Building Coordinator for repairs/maintenance as needed.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Associate's degree in a related field. Minimum of three years of related experience in an administrative support role or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer Skills - Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Access. Ability to develop moderately sophisticated spreadsheets; set up routine computer procedures; resolve simple software/hardware problems. Ability to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software. Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to proofread documents and write clear, concise first draft.
Ability to type at a speed of at least 50 net words per minute.Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail.Ability to exercise administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results.
Bachelor's degree and five years of responsible administrative experience.
Flexibility to stay late for department events as needed.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...