Business Office Assoc (37.5) - Brooklyn (1063192_RR00036283)
Compensation: $69,020.00 - $105,470.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Business Office Assoc (37.5).
In this role, the successful candidate will, under the general direction of the Senior Director RCO and the assigned RCO Manager/ Supervisor, be responsible for answering phones, obtaining and documenting insurance pre-authorizations and pre-certifications, verifying insurance, collecting co-pays and deposits, working Work Queues, and facilitating RCO and patient financial needs.
* Demonstrate communication skills: using appropriate vocabulary and grammar when obtaining and conveying information to physicians, nurses and staff at various levels; in person, over the phone, in writing and in electronically sent messages.
* Responsible for creating the patient estimate form and timely communication of the liability.
* Ability to be flexible regarding responsibilities when needed. All other related duties as required.
* Exercise skill in prioritizing assignments in order to complete work in a timely manner when there are changes in workload, assignments, and pressures of deadlines, competitive requirements and/or a heavy workload.
* Maintain cooperative and professional relationships with office and clinical staff.
* Obtain insurance verification for treatments and diagnostic procedures and record in the appropriate system.
* Assist with verifying insurance for pre-loaded appointments into Epic.
* Answer phones. Provide information, take messages or redirect calls to the appropriate person.
* Collects and applies payments for self-pay, deductibles, copayments and coinsurance into the appropriate system(s).
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma and 1 year experience in patient accounts or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge of Front end hospital registration and /or practice operations is a must. Knowledge of insurance companies verification and benefit tools including web sites etc. Ability to compose and edit logical, detailed, comprehensive and grammatically correct correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of personnel including patients, families, physicians and staff. Knowledge of medical terminology. Experience and competency with varied computer hardware and software, including registration and billing systems, word processing, spreadsheet, database, scheduling, communications. Training on appropriate systems will be provided. Ability to handle matters of highly confidential and sensitive nature. Ability to recognize and identify problems, recognize implications and propose alternative solutions. Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner. Skill in working independently and in following through on assignments with minimal direction.
Preferred Qualifications:Associate's Degree plus 2-3 years experiences in hospital admissions or medical records or patient accounts or in related field. EPIC experience is a plus. Proficiency in Russian is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...