Corporate Counsel, Programs, Enterprise Compliance Policy, Conflicts of Interest
Compensation: $140,395.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Corporate Counsel, Programs, Enterprise Compliance Policy, Conflicts of Interest will support the Compliance Division's Programs, Enterprise Compliance Policy, Anti-Corruption Program Office, and Third Party Risk Management lead function, covering core compliance policies including Pfizer's Code of Conduct (Blue Book), and Conflicts of Interest, as well as coordinating policy management across the enterprise on behalf of Compliance. The role will also support conducting external benchmarking initiatives related to compliance programs, as well as coordinate the annual enterprise compliance certification campaign.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the maintenance, drafting, and update of the organization's Compliance policies, including the Code of Conduct (Blue Book) and Conflicts of Interest policy
- Provide day to day oversight and guidance regarding conflicts of interest, including corporate policy and process inquiries and including collaboration across the Compliance, Legal, and Corporate Affairs Divisions with respect to certain conflicts of interest inquiries
- Lead and/or provide strategic direction for external benchmarking initiatives, which may include helping to identify opportunities for improvement of internal and external facing communications about compliance activities, and supporting Corporate Governance and Investor Relations to respond to investor inquiries regarding the compliance organization
- Coordinate with and provide support to Compliance Training and Communications Team on content, format, and training schedule for training modules relevant to scope of responsibilities, including code of conduct (Blue Book) and Conflicts of Interest
- Support of and coordination with enterprise policy owners as it relates to developing/drafting certain policies, as well as enhancing Pfizer's policy environment more broadly, including helping to develop improved user experiences and technology solutions with respect to policies (corporate, commercial, HR, etc.)
- Coordinate the annual enterprise compliance certification campaign, including managing the content and design for the certifications and associated processes by working with cross functional stakeholders and leaders, as well as providing input related to the digital technical solution for the process
- Foster strong relationships and alliances across the organization, including with key strategic partners such as other Compliance functions, commercial, Corporate Affairs, Corporate Governance, Legal, Finance, and Pfizer Digital
- Support the Compliance Division's Programs, Enterprise Compliance Policy, Anti-Corruption Program Office, and Third Party Risk Management lead function and related initiatives
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS "Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact."
- Admission to practice law in US
- Legal/J.D. degree and 7+ years of relevant legal training/experience
- At least 5 years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry or regulatory environment
- Experience with corporate policy and SOP drafting and design; strong understanding of corporate mindset as it pertains to policies and related training/communication
- Experience with identification of conflicts of interest
- Strong logical reasoning skills a must, as well as writing and organization
- Strong communication skills a must
- Must be a good team leader and able to operate within cross-functional teams
- Ability to provide innovative approaches and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to manage high volume workload and resolve pressing needs while tracking progress towards longer term goals
- Strategic and proactive. Anticipates needs and able to prioritize quickly without explicit guidance. Attentive to detail and sensitive to unable and subtleties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experiences in communication and interacting with senior leaders and across geographies and cultures
- Possesses a high energy level, sense of urgency, creativity, decisiveness, and ability to work well independently or in a team and under pressure
- Demonstrated problem solving, project management and analytic skills
- Demonstrates sound business judgment and acumen
- Relevant experience in pharmaceutical industry
- In-house experience a plus
- Able to understand and operate effectively in the Pfizer organization, particularly the matrix structure and enabling functions and business units
- Strong diglital tool experience and capabilities
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS #LI-PFE Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
- Last Date to Apply: November 10, 2019
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Associated topics: company, compliance, compliance department, compliance office, corporate, corporate attorney, counsel, courtroom, lawyer, legal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...