Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (Colo-rectal Cancer and Melanoma)
Compensation: $128,740.00 - $128,740.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Physician
Loading some great jobs for you...
- As Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) Director, to support the strategic goals of the Oncology Business by driving optimal patient access for our oncology medicines.
- This role directly impacts the ability to achieve business objectives on a global basis by providing strategic guidance and robust evidence development relevant to achieve optimal global patient access by demonstrating the value of oncology medicines. The HEOR Director will be responsible for independently leading the evidence generation strategy at a Global level, including oversight and development of evidence generation and dissemination of technical deliverables that support the value of oncology medicines in pre-launch or launch phase.
The HEOR Director will work in a closely aligned fashion with the Integrated Team Lead (ITL), Senior Director HEOR and other functional areas within PHI as well as the brand team to ensure there is a single and coordinated view on strategy and delivery for PHI to the Oncology BU. The HEOR Director will be a strategic partner to the Global Asset cross functional Team and implement an HEOR strategy that supports and help communicate the overall asset value proposition.
- Lead development of the HEOR strategy to support the value of assets in the Oncology Business Unit.
- Lead the execution of clinically relevant and scientifically valid, cutting edge HEOR studies and projects (including non-interventional studies, registries, etc.) in alignment with the global HEOR strategy relevant to diverse stakeholders (regulators, payers, patients, physicians and policy makers)
- Incorporate relevant patient centric and economic endpoints into clinical trials across all phases of product development to build comprehensive trial-based evidence in line with overall medical strategy & access targets for the asset(s)
- Provide strategic input in the selection of relevant patient population and comparators within clinical trials to enable demonstration of robust incremental clinical value over standard of care that can facilitate optimal patient access.
- Selection, related analyses, interpretation and communication of Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) measures as appropriate for clinical trials, registries, and prospective real world studies.
- Lead the timely development of post launch deliverables including update of value dossiers (GVDs, AMCP), economic models, and innovative tools to successfully support reimbursement.
- Lead the coordination of input from Pfizer local country/regional H&V teams on evidence needs and ensure that the input is appropriately incorporated to support demonstration of product value and optimize patient access.
- Develop real world evidence generation strategies and execute studies (e.g. treatment patterns, real world effectiveness, burden of illness studies, epidemiology studies, etc) to generate evidence to support brand competitive differentiation and value proposition.
- Collaborate with Pfizer local country affiliates, conduct training on economic models and enable local model adaptations and updates throughout the product life cycle.
- Provide strategic and content guidance in reimbursement (re)negotiations for Pfizer products.
- Lead the development of appropriate data dissemination plans and communicate in a timely manner evidence generated to various stakeholders via publications and conference presentations.
- Optimal project Budget management
- Masters degree (MSc, MPH) in health services research, pharmacy administration/pharmaceutical policy, public health, epidemiology, or health economics
- Minimum 8 years' experience in health outcomes and related fields, 5 of which are as part of country/global health economics and/or outcomes research teams in a global pharmaceutical company.
- Strong working knowledge of the technical and methodological aspects of clinical trial and real world study design and implementation.
- Demonstrated capability independently managing diverse projects ranging from economic analyses, patient reported outcomes to real world database studies.
- Strong methodological skills (study design, data analysis and interpretation) in cancer health services research is required
- In depth understanding of Pharmacoeconomics and psychometrics/patient reported outcomes is required
- Strong project management abilities (contracting, budgeting, vendor management) essential.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (multitask) involving complex processes, significant budget, competing deadlines and rapidly shifting priorities
- Knowledge of health care systems and reimbursement processes in key markets and experience with HTA organizations such as CADTH, NICE, SMC, IQWIG/G-BA, PBAC
- Demonstrated ability to influence key members of medical and commercial teams constructively and without conflict in a matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills required: ability to understand and respond to multiple internal and external customers
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Skilled in functioning within a matrix organization where managing through influence is required
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills required
#LI-PFE Last Date to Apply for Job: November 8, 2019
- Doctoral degree (PhD, DrPH, ScD) in pharmaceutical administration/ pharmaceutical policy, health services research, public health, epidemiology, or health economics.
- Knowledge and experience in immuno-oncology
- Knowledge and experience in colorectal cancer (CRC) and melanoma
- Experience with regulatory submissions and interactions with regulatory authorities
- Global launch experience
- Strong publication record
Additional Location Information:
Th is position can be based in any Pfizer site (or work remotely) in NA or EU
Eligible for Relocation Package: No
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...