Manager, Production Engineering
Compensation: $100,760.00 - $159,350.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Digital Solutions and Enablement team are accountable for the creation, configuration, launch, and support of all externally facing digital (web, mobile, Omni-channel, & device) products, platforms, services, and experiences, servicing all external customer types at Pfizer.
In addition, the DS&E team is accountable for our Marketing Technology (Martech stack) inclusive of Digital Platforms, Digital Channel Enablement, Content Integration, and Marketing/Marketer Tools and for driving Digital Enablement within Pfizer, including Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Assistants and Workforce Productivity tools.
The Manager, Production Engineering is responsible for operational life cycle excellence for the Microservices & Cloud Development Platform, designed to handle a wide range of complex applications which do not fit within set design patterns at Pfizer. The Microservices & Cloud Development Platform provides a solid framework for building applications with the addition of a highly skilled resource pool to design, build and deploy these apps. The Microservices & Cloud Development Platform is built on AWS enabling rapid development and innovation in a controlled environment.
The manager in this role needs to be attuned to the demands of the business and partner teams, striving for excellence at every opportunity and managing the team responsible for the overall operation service and support for the platform. This lead must ensure that platform systems are always on, reliable, scalable and of the highest quality possible while maintaining efficiency and long term sustainability. Key to success in this role is the ability to influence a culture of quality and continuous improvement. A successful candidate will have the technical, leadership and interpersonal skills required to create collaboration across multiple teams at Pfizer.
Role responsibilities You will lead a team responsible for platform releases, platform component releases, security patching, break-fix, proactive maintenance, monitoring and other types of proactive and reactive operations tasks necessary for rock solid platforms on which other teams can build and rely. The role will lead a team of between 3 - 10 contractors.
This means: Deliver the Platform Operations capability for our systems including Management dashboard, AWS, middleware integrations, databases, reporting, Microservice architecture, queues, test suites.
Embed Continuous Improvement and automation into daily work and develop a DevOps culture in the team. Deliver on quality, customer satisfaction and budget targets.
Ensure the DevOps models success by building a culture of shared responsibility and transparency leading to higher quality and quicker delivery of output. Form a habit of measurement, learning and feedback.
Leverage industry best practice and experience to ensure that security is baked into operating practices and own a DevSecOps and shift-left on security mentality.
Build a team able to lead change. Take appropriate risks to achieve desired results; balance risks to stability and current norms vs the need for constant change, improvement and simplification. Guide reports on acceptable levels of risk-taking in this model. Responsible for skills management of resources in the team, ensuring the talent pool is appropriate for current and future needs.
Create, use and improve communication channels enabling teams to make the decisions that will improve/simplify operations when executing delivery of digital solutions.
Establish excellent and productive professional relationships with other team leads responsible for development and DevOps of capabilities. Ensure strong alignment of visions and strategies in how DSE delivers and runs its technologies.
- Relevant experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software developer, technical project manager, systems administrator, database administrator, systems engineer, computer engineer or support specialist, engineering lead, technical team lead.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility designing, delivering, or operating large-scale, global systems & platforms.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience with large scale and complex AWS deployments, leveraging most available services. Middleware integrations, database design, data modeling, business intelligence and reporting, Microservice architecture, queues, decoupling, test strategies and other complex digital technology tools/practices requiring a broad mix of skilled and commodity resources to manage them.
- Demonstrable experience operating in a large multi skilled operations team. Experience managing teams of contract or colleague resources. Be detail oriented, persistent. Have a strong desire to deliver quality outcomes in all areas of your work.
- Demonstrable experience operating in a DevOps environment.
- Demonstrable experience of modern software engineering, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and releasing.
- Demonstrable experience with testing strategies including TDD, Contract Testing, BDD, API Mocking.
- Demonstrable experience CI/CD practices, management of large scale AWS deployments, scaling and optimisation and able to manage software engineers in these areas.
- Demonstrable understanding of code versioning tools such as git.
- Experience with Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), GitHub.
- As above and including Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines.
- Understanding of CI/CD practices, RESTful APIs, integration patterns, microservice patterns and other areas of interest to modern software development.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships, influence outcomes, and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner & able to influence resources outside of immediate span of control.
- Ability to lead in a complex, matrix environment with geographically distributed resources.
- Excellent skills in analysis, critical thinking and planning, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation and the ability to readily learn a new business area.
- Proven capability handling large scale, enterprise software implementations in a global 24/7 environment.
- Technology solutions delivery in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment a bonus.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
- Travel will be required as part of this role as it is a virtual position. Expectations around travel will vary but you will need to be capable of travel within the region and to other regions.
- Our business is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may on occasion require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.Other Job Details:
- Additional Location Information: Eastern US, UK, EU, Remote
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. * The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...