Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Manage and coordinate the daily operations of the Procurement Department, including the procurement of goods, services and equipment for all UNFCU operating units. Manage the Inventory Control and Asset Management functions for all equipment and furniture in the UNFCU system. Coordinate the Receiving and Invoice Validation processes for all goods and services accessed via the Purchase Order system. Provide detailed reports concerning purchasing and office equipment maintenance. Ensure competitive vendor bids/quotes and analyses within established budgets as defined by Senior Management, the Board of Directors and the Auditing Department.
- Train, supervise, coach, and monitor staff involved in both inventory management and the provision of de-centralized purchasing services, including the administration and maintenance of a digital purchasing system.
- Develop and monitor performance standards and establish meaningful and achievable performance goals for the department.
- Prepare bid specifications, based on the information submitted by operating units, which define and accurately describe the quality, performance, function, properties and conditions that fulfill the users needs for materials and equipment in accordance with professional procurement procedures, including state and federal regulations when applicable.
- Conduct qualitative proposal evaluations incorporating considerations such as product specifications and delivery requirements.
- Coordinate the procurement (domestic and international) of a wide variety of equipment, durable goods, supplies, and services that meet the organization s total requirements with respect to value and quality at a minimum cost.
- Develop and recommend policies relative to inventory control and the disposition of surplus, damaged or retired property.
- Develop and monitor systems to ensure compliance with established procedures, policies and regulations.
- Review and approve Purchase Orders, and represent the organization regarding matters concerning inventory control and the procurement of goods and services.
- Manage encumbrance accounting and budget related functions and methods to ensure compliance with organizational policies.
- Achieve cost savings and ROI for the organization through negotiation directly with suppliers to achieve more competitive pricing, effective inventory management utilizing salvage and surplus equipment in lieu of purchasing new equipment, and developing non-restrictive specifications that stimulate competition and result in lower cost to the organization.
- Prepare periodic reports providing a summary of workload, cost of major expenditures and cost savings. Also, provide reports related to asset management and inventory control including total inventory counts, loss, value of inventory, etc.
- Negotiate large scale volume discount contracts for services and goods both domestically and internationally, including coordinating purchasing activities and piggy backing with other governmental and UN agencies (local and foreign) to achieve volume discounts as appropriate.
- Integrate receiving and confirmation thereof, and manage a three component validation of all invoices submitted for payment.
- Maintain isolation of responsibility for purchasing and invoice validation thereby avoiding any potential conflicts of interest.
- Forecast and manage department annual operational and capital budgets.
- Direct the procurement process for organization-wide online ordering for office stationary and supplies, both domestically and abroad.
- Maintain knowledge of new products, as well changes in quality, availability and design of equipment and products.
- Research, interview, and select new equipment vendors, partners, various trade contractors and service providers, both domestically and abroad.
- Conduct and provide performance evaluations for the aforementioned and provide feedback and recommendations to UNFCU as to retaining, enhancing, or discontinuing services and/or relationships.
- Lead and conduct training of internal purchasing applications as well as external systems provided by vendors. Serve as administrator of these systems, monitor for abuse, and manage accordingly.
- Assist the Accounting Department with documentation and paperwork (manual and electronic) for payment of vendor invoices.
- Achieve vendor resolution on invoice/statement questions.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor s degree and 5-7 years of professional purchasing experience with responsibility for direct supervision of the Procurement function
- Knowledge of best practices in inventory recording and management
- Knowledge of specialized IT and Information Security equipment, licensing and contracts
- General office supplies and equipment knowledge
- Knowledge of bar code systems relating to inventory control and vendor management preferred
Leading the organization:
- managing change
- solving problems and making decisions
- managing politics and influencing others
- taking risks and innovating
- setting vision and strategy
- managing the work
- enhancing business skills and knowledge
- understanding and navigating the organization
Leading the self:
- demonstrating ethics and integrity
- displaying drive and purpose
- exhibiting leadership stature
- increasing your capacity to learn
- managing yourself
- increasing self-awareness
- developing adaptability
- ability to organize work, set priorities, multi-task, and make sound decisions within the limits of authority
- communicating effectively
- developing others
- valuing diversity and inclusion
- building and maintaining relationships
- managing effective teams and work groups
- Standard office conditions
- May be required to lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Willingness to work flexible hours as necessary
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.
Loading some great jobs for you...